- Automatic Collection: Like most other websites, we use common internet technologies such as cookies and Web beacons to keep track of users' interactions with the Site and the Services. This may include your internet protocol (IP) address, Referring website addresses, browser type and access times and mobile carrier or internet access provider.
- Volunteered: If you register with us, subscribe to or use downloadable software or web-based applications, fill out a profile page, purchase products or services, send us an email, or share personal information with us in any other way, we will collect and store whatever information you share. This obviously depends on what information you choose to provide but it may include your name, email address, credit card information or other billing information. The collection of this information is part of regular business practices and is necessary in order to complete transactions and properly run and administer these services. You do not have to share this information with us, but without it you may not be able to access certain content or features or participate in certain areas of the Site.
- Publicly Posted: If you post information on public areas of the Site (or elsewhere on the internet) that information may be collected, stored and used by anyone, including us. We strongly recommend that you do not post any information that allows strangers to identify or locate you. Posting such information may result in unsolicited messages or contact from others, to say the least.
- Installation Numbers. X1 software products may use a system of authentication and identification during installation of the software and on an ongoing basis to confirm that the user of the X1 software products is an authorized licensee. This phone home functionality is used to authenticate the server or device utilizing the X1 Services.
- Support. X1 Services do not transmit results of any searches conducted by the user back to X1. To be clear, your case related information or other content is not provided back to X1. However, if you experience an error, the X1 Services will send log information to X1 for service and support purposes and such log data may include information about a user's profile, computer or device, and search history.
- Credit Card Security. Providing you with a secure ordering experience is a high priority. When you submit an order through the Site, the order information is encrypted when it is transmitted for credit card processing to X1 (and its credit card services provider). Encryption is a process by which we use software to scramble information in transit. The Site is also registered with site identification authorities to enable your browser to confirm X1's identity before any transmission is sent. The identity of our site is automatically confirmed behind the scenes prior to the transmission of any customer information requested to complete an online order so that your data reaches your intended target. When confirming an order to you by email, we reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
We use this information to provide you with better service. It also helps our advertisers and partners provide you with more relevant offers, which in turn helps cover the cost of our services to you. Among other things, the information we collect enables X1 to:
- customize the content you see
- fulfill your requests for products and services and validate your user rights
- improve services
- contact and communicate with you
- conduct research and analysis
- provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients
- provide you with additional information we think is of interest to you
- Anonymous Information. Anonymous information is information that does not identify you personally, like your IP address and Referring website addresses. We may share anonymous information with others, such as advertisers, sponsors and business partners.
- All Information (Both Anonymous and Personally Identifiable). In certain circumstances, we may share information we have collected, including personally identifiable information. For example:
- We might share your personally identifiable information during due diligence or in preparation for or after a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganization or liquidation.
- If you give us permission, we may share your personally identifiable information with third parties who might send you marketing and promotional information.
- Your personal information may be transferred to anyone who is helping us make the Site and Services available and functional, like technical agents, payment processing vendors, other subcontractors, and our affiliates and consultants.
- As in any transaction, if you provide your credit card information to us for purchases, your credit card company will be provided with all relevant information about us, item(s) purchased, cost and other information necessary to process the transaction.
- We may disclose your personal information if permitted or required by law or is necessary to comply with the law enforcement or in response to a search warrant, subpoena or other legal process or where we believe such action is necessary in order to protect or defend our interests or the interests of our users or business partners.
The Site is not intended for children under age 13, or for anyone under age 18 without involvement of a parent or guardian. The Site includes unmonitored content posted by users and sourced from other third parties and as you can imagine, such content may be unsuitable for children. We do not knowingly collect or distribute information from or about children under 13.THIRD PARTIES
- We may also engage third party service providers to assist us with advertising in connection to the Site and to facilitate retargeting advertising on other sites after you interact with this Site. Our third party advertising partners will place their cookies on visitors of this Site, but such cookies do not collect personal information such as your name, email address, postal address, or telephone number. If you do not wish to have cookies placed on your computer, you can disable them through the settings of your web browser.
Information that X1 collects is stored on servers that X1 manages, using standard security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of the information. Please be aware that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, X1 cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit on or through the Sites or Services and you do so at your own risk.FOREIGN COUNTRIES
X1 Discovery, Inc.
130 West Union Street
Pasadena, CA 91103
In addition, if you wish to exclude your personal information from our direct marketing, or if you would like to update or delete your email address, mailing address or other personal information, or otherwise manage communications you receive from X1, please contact us at the above.
- Cookie : When you visit the Site or utilize X1 Services, X1's servers send a cookie (a small file with a string of characters) to your computer. Standing alone, cookies do not personally identify you but they recognize your individual web browser. Unless you choose to identify yourself to X1 (through an account or otherwise), you will remain anonymous to us. Most web browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can disable your web browser's ability to accept cookies. However, if you do so, certain features may not work.
- Web beacon : A web beacon is an electronic image on a web page that recognizes certain types of information on your computer when you visit that particular web page.
- IP address : An Internet Protocol Address is a numerical label that is assigned to each computer on the Internet.
- Referring website address : A referring website address identifies the address of the webpage you were on previously, before you came to the Site.
- Browser : A browser is a software application used for retrieving, presenting and traversing information resources on the World Wide Web.
REVISED: March 31, 2013