With information scattered across various repositories – email, desktops, SharePoint, archives like Enterprise Vault – and in multiple locations – on-premise, VDI, cloud, hybrid – the need for enterprise search is greater than ever. But, business professionals and IT staff are dissatisfied with traditional enterprise search because it is not user-friendly, does not address the bulk of business workers’ information (e.g. email and desktop files), it does not help users intuitively filter through information, and it requires massive IT effort to scale.
Fear not, however. There is a way to make enterprise search work by putting the end-user search experience first. Users want a single-pane-of-glass view across their most important information – that means emails and files before intranets and enterprise repositories. An effective search solution will allow users to leverage their own brains as the analysis engine instead of relying on complicated predictive algorithms that don’t know the information as well as the users do.
In this “no-death-by-PowerPoint” webinar, attendees will not only learn best practices, but actually see how to deploy enterprise search solutions in ways that make both end-users and IT departments happy. Our special guest, Marcus Stimler of Capgemini, will share real-world experience about evolving an enterprise search strategy that starts with the business workers and extends outward. Learn how Capgemini put together a number of “wins” by providing workers with a single-pane-of-glass view to their most important information.
This webinar will demonstrate why and how to put end-user experience first and gain immediate return on your investments.
Specifically, attendees will learn:
- How one of the world’s foremost providers of consulting, technology, outsourcing services tackled the challenges surrounding their enterprise search issues
- Why the human brain is the best analytical engine for business productivity search
- How federation can save your IT organization time, money, and headaches
- How to best deploy search solutions in all IT infrastructures
- How to achieve ROI on enterprise search in ways never seen in the past
- That search can be like BASF – it can make many other technology deployments better, including VDI, SharePoint, and Enterprise Vault